In other languages, regarding the coronavirus
City of Vaxholm pays close attention to updated advice given by the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten) on the coronavirus. The City of Vaxholm cooperates closely with other autorities and municipalities, and is ready to act on any new developments.
In other languages
- Corona – Other languages, 1177 Vårdguiden
- Information on the coronavirus at krisinformation.se
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden: About covid-19 in other languages
- Public Swedish Radio: About covid-19 in other languages
- Sign language: Covid-19
Help reducing the spread of the virus
- Stay at home if you have a fever, a cough, a runny nose or a sore throat. Stay at home until you have been symptom free for at least two days.
- To protect the most vulnerable, in Vaxholm it is currently not allowed to visit care homes for the elderly.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. Or use hand sanitizers.
- The Foreign Office of Sweden advice against travelling abroad.
If you have symptoms and need advice, please call the Stockholm Region health line 1177 (phone number +461177). The support line is answered and staffed by medical personnel.
If you have questions about the coronavirus and covid-19, that are not related to symptoms, please call the national information line 113 13.
Schools and preschools
Children and adults with cold symptoms and fever shall stay at home and not attend preschools or schools. This applies until symptom free, and 48 hours after that.
City of Vaxholm work to prevent transmission of the coronavirus, and preschool staff will contact parents and caretakers to come and pick up children who are not well.
If you as a parent or caretaker feel concern due to the coronavirus, and want your child to stay at home, you need to apply for absence based on the school’s regular routines.
Extended childrens care for healthcare workers
Due to the Covid-19 situation, parents whom are employed, or work on behalf of the regional healthcare area, can apply for extended care for children in preschool and after school care.
Information for those of you who have children within the municipal care services:
Due to the Covid-19 situation, the regional healthcare is now facing increased demand for personnel. Parents whom are employed, or work on behalf of the regional healthcare area, and need extended care for children in preschool and after school care within the municipal care services, can apply for this service.
Extended care will be offered temporarily on weekdays, between the hours of 06:00 and 22:00, as well as nights and bank holidays.
Apply here for extended care on e-service: Extended care for health care workers.
Once you have applied, an officer of the municipality of Vaxholm will contact you within two working days.
Protecting risk groups
The elderly are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus covid-19 infection and we must do everything we can to protect their health. It is currently not allowed to visit nursing homes in Vaxholm. Visits at hospitals and other places where risk groups may be should be avoided if possible.
Avoid sharing unconfirmed information
We can all help by not spreading rumors, evaluate the source of information critically, and only share confirmed and reliable facts.
Swedish authorities on the coronavirus
- Official information on the novel corona virus on krisinformation.se (Emergency information from Swedish authorities)
- Swedish healthcare for visitors on krisinformation.se (Emergency information from Swedish authorities)
- FAQ of The Public Health Agency of Sweden
- The Swedish Government's response to the virus responsible for covid-19
More about the coronavirus in other languages are also found at Swedish radio (Sveriges radio).